10.15.2010

Cheesecake

Tomorrow I'm driving to Punxsutawney to see my momma... a belated birthday gathering. Since I missed her actual birthday I decided to make her something special... a cheesecake. A real cheesecake- a 100% homemade cheesecake. I preheated the oven to 350 and took a deep breath! First I crushed the graham crackers, melted the butter. Next, I mixed the two and pressed the mixture into the spring-form pan- what a job! I softened the cream cheese before I added 2 eggs, sugar, and some almond extract. Once I mixed them all together I poured the mixture in the pan and baked it for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, I whipped up the "top coat", which I would put on after it baked for 25 minutes. So I poured on the "top coat" and put the cake back in the oven for 10 minutes. I decided to cook it a little longer to be sure it was done because it seemed to be rather jiggly. After a few minutes I took it out -again- and let it stand on the counter for about an hour. I was worried it wasn't completely cooked so I put it back in the oven for about 10 or so more minutes.
So, it's in the refrigerator now and I am hoping and praying to God that it is uber tasty tomorrow! I plan on pairing it with some delectable strawberries for the ultimate experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

share some love!