2.02.2012

Happy Groundhog's Day!

This morning marks the special holiday of Groundhog's Day.




Having grown up in Punxsutawney, Groundhog's Day was a joke and just a 'stupid holiday' people wasted their time and money on. As an adult, I think it's kinda magical. People flock from all over the world, just to see a little groundhog come out of his little tree stump and predict whether we will have 6 more weeks of winter or if spring is on it's way. This all takes place at Gobbler's Knob. See photos here!

This year, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, which mean there's going to be 6 more weeks of winter. That's great news for Matt and my brother-in-law because that means more skiing!

At Punxsutawney High School, they select a King and Queens court for Groundhog's Day! Yes, they take this Groundhog's Day business very serious! Well, that pretty little lady that I plaster photos of all over my blog, a.k.a. my baby sister, was on the court! She didn't get queen, but she's my queen no matter what!




Happy Groundhog's Day!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

share some love!