11.13.2011

A seriously amazing concoction!

If you are like me than you have all-white carpet. No, I didn't choose this carpet, it was in our house when we bought it. It dosen't make sense to replace it because our my plan is to rip it up when we renovate our dining room.

I found a concoction on Pinterest (yes, Pinterest!!!) for a stain removal and I figured it was worth a shot.

The following photo is kind of graphic as it shows a HORRIBLE stain that came from my dog when he became ill one day. I put it in black in white because the color version was even worse. Believe it or not, this was even after trying Resolve.


Before:


After:


Yes, that is the same exact spot, like immediately after using a bristle brush to work in the cleaner. It was like magic!!

So how did I do it? Ready for this easy-peasy, el cheapo stain remover recipe??

1 part Dawn dishsoap (the original blue kind)
2 parts peroxide.

Boo-ya stains!

I plan on making a big batch of it and spritzing it all over my carpets to see
if it will work I will report later on that.

One last note. If possible, let the mixture stand over night. The peroxide will reduce the blue color over night eliminating a small tinge of blue color it
gave my carpet.





post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this miracle stain remover! Will definitely come in handy! :)

    ReplyDelete

share some love!