2.11.2012

Preventing Stretch Marks?

I have been reading a lot about preventing stretch marks and cannot seem to make up my mind about which product to choose. I am currently using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and it's okay. It seems to keep my belly hydrated without being sticky, but I feel like it leaves something to be desired.

It seems like a lot of women like Mustela's Double Action Stretch Mark Cream, but at $41 a bottle, I kind of wonder if it will work well enough. The reviews claimed that the tube only lasted about a month. Holy smokes, that's a lot of money spent on lotion in a 8 month period.

On the other hand, Burt's Bees has a product called Mama Bee Belly Balm, which also has a lot of excellent reviews. It's only $7 for a 3 oz can. Reviewers claimed that the 3 oz. goes a long way and lasted most of their pregnancies.

I will say that I am prone to stretch marks. I got them when I started cheerleading in 8th grade. For this reason, I know that I must pay due diligence to keep those bad boys at bay!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful weekend!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. http://www.apeainthepod.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=695880342&MasterCategory_Id=MC20&Media=FroogleDataFeed_09_2011

    I used ^^^ Bella B Tummy Honey Butter religiously. However, I am now subscribing to the school of thought that a) if you had stretch marks in puberty, you will in pregnancy & b) if your mama had them, you'll have them.

    I made it to week 39(!!!!!) without any stretch marks and I was singing home free. Then? BAM! My abdomen below the belly button rippled with them.

    Oh well, they are the best battle wounds ever! :)

    ReplyDelete

share some love!