9.11.2012

quick update.

I'm still pregnant.
Matt fell off of one of our roofs on Thursday.
He somehow managed to miraculously break his radius. He had a guardian angel with him on Thursday. He landed on our driveway. He could have cracked his head open, broke his neck or his back, or sustained so many other more serious causalities. Praise be to God.
Spent all day/evening in the ER Thursday.
Appointment made with Orthopedist Surgeon and surgery was set for Friday.
His parents arrived to help.
Thursday night was the night from hell. Pain was unbearable.
Went to appointment surgery pushed back until at least  Saturday because they didn't have all the parts for the surgery- possible replacement of the radial head.
I had my 38 week checkup. Still 1 cm dilated BUT I'm 50% effaced and Claire's at 0 station. Waahoo! At least some good news! I lost 3 pounds (my weight has been so strange this pregnancy). 
Friday night, another night from hell. Pain just won't subside- even with the help of narcotics.
Saturday rolls around, replacement part is delivered- has to be sterilized for at least 24 hours. We watched the Notre Dame football game on television- the won! Go Irish. Dr. called surgery is going to be Monday- no sooner, no later. Thank God for a definitive answer.
Saturday night is better. Finally figuring out how to manage his pain. 3 Motrin seem to help take the edge off- at least enough for him to catch some zzzz's
Sunday comes and Matt wakes up refreshed. Has some coffee and some cinnamon rolls (mmmm.. my favorite!). Spends the morning/afternoon dry heaving. Not.a.good.time. After much discussion and coaxing we get him back to the ER. The pain is too much and he's apparently dehydrated.
Long ER story short- he bitched and complained the entire time we were there, so we had him discharged. He wanted something to eat- an Arby's roast beef sandwich. He ate 2. Got home. He started feeling sick. Vomited for the next 3-4 hours. I had a mental breakdown. Went to bed at 7:30 because I couldn't calm down. Thank God his parents were here. Don't know what I would have done without them.
So yesterday was the big day. We expected the surgery to last about 2 or so hours. But we were never told exactly how long we should have expected it to last. 6.5 hours later, he was finally stitched up and heading to recovery. He went under around 3 and we didn't see him until 11. What an exhausting day.
Good news is that he has a good prognosis for the healing. The doctor who did the surgery was extremely nit-picky and very thorough.
I took today off due to a serious headache/high blood pressure, hopefully I will be able to get some rest once I go see him.
He's in a lot of pain but hopefully the hospital staff will be able to get(and keep) him pain-free. He deserves to be comfortable for a couple of days.
For now, we're all crossing our fingers that Claire will stay inside of mamma for a few more days! If we can make it to 39 weeks, I think we'll all be in the clear. In the meantime I'm going to be busy caring for my poor husband. Say a prayer for us! Lord knows we need as many as we can get.
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Oh hun, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for all three of you. Hang in there sister- God's got this and you in the palm of His mighty hand! If there's anything I can do, please let me know okay?? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry lo hear abut your hubby :( hopefully you get a few days in before Miss Claire makes her arrival. I couldn't even imagine having to go through all that AND be on the waiting game for the baby. Prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Erikka! Sounds like a rough few days. I hope that healing continues to go good and Claire stays put so he can get in more days of healing! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That is terrible! So thankful he didn't sustain more serious injuries. Hoping he heals quickly and makes a full recovery, and that Claire will stay put a little longer! I will definitely be thinking and praying for you guys! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Praying for you and your husband - I hope he recovers quickly! Hang in there, I hope you have plenty of help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! Your thoughts and prayers always mean so much to me! God bless you all :)

    ReplyDelete

share some love!